Something For The Weekend

A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Truck Festival 2005















A fantastic weekend involving music and alcohol, my favourite combination. The bands that stood out from the mediocrity were, in non-alphabetical order, The Magic Numbers, Editors, Yourcodenameis:Milo, The Electric Soft Parade, Fell City Girl, Biffy Clyro and Sexy Breakfast. Well they're the bands I can remember anyway, everything else is a bit fuzzy. I suppose discovering they had a wine tent may have been my first mistake. To anyone who reads this I highly recommend that you think about going next year, its one of the cheapest and best festivals in the music calander.

8 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Catpee said...

That sounds good Mr Snake.

By the way, it's "calendar"

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mr Rory said...

Well done Catpee! You win a prize for noticing the deliberate spelling mistake. I hope you like furniture polish.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Catpee said...

Yes, but I can't inhale a whole can at once.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Kilgannon said...

Electric Soft Parade are great. I once saw them supporting for Oasis at Lancashire County Cricket Club, that was a long time ago and i can't really remember any songs but i do remember liking them for a few months afterward.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Mr Rory said...

I don't meet many people who know about them, let alone have seen them. One of their best songs is 'silent to the dark'.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the Magic Numbers. Were they as good as everyone says they are?

(nice blog, by the way)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mr Rory said...

I was dubious to begin with, as I had heard a few songs and wasn't at all impressed. However the singing blew me away. I recommend buying the album if you want to hear music that stands out from the norm.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had been thinking of doing just that.. thanks, and have a good holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home